Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Longer cut of Hitchcock's PSYCHO (1960)!!



I could hardly believe what I was reading when this popped up on my radar yesterday but it certainly is real. It seems that the version of PSYCHO that often plays on German TV is a slightly longer, more racy cut that feels a little bit ...... dirtier. And, therefore, more interesting for those of us fascinated by the darker aspects of Hitchcock's films. The uploader of this comparison is asking that fans write to Universal to request that they attempt to restore this footage in a future release. Wow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kind of strange that we're just finding this out about a movie as big as Psycho.

Unknown said...

Kind of strange that we're just finding this out about a movie as big as Psycho.

Stephen D. Sullivan said...

That's surprising. And, yeah, surprising I/we haven't heard about it previously.

I almost feel like I've seen that multiple stab thing on the detective before, and maybe the others, too.

I wonder if TCM's version may be longer that standard? Hmm...