Monday, November 24, 2014

The Bloody Pit #20 - ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 (1976)


John Carpenter is easily one of my favorite filmmakers. He has made more than five movies that I hold to be of such enduring quality that I have lost count of the number of times I have watched them. Even in his weakest movies I can find lots to love and the film under discussion in this episode is NOT a weak one. ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 was only the second feature Carpenter directed but it shows off his skill and abilities brilliantly. I could go on and on but we get into that in the show! Carpenter may never get his shot at making a western but he come pretty close with this fine effort. 


In this episode I'm joined once again by my friend John Hudson who last sat down with me to talk about Carl Kolchak. This time out we dig into this film and use it as a reason to touch on other Carpenter movies as well. I'm proud to say that we were able to stay mostly on topic so there weren't as many barely related things discussed this time out. Of course, that doesn't keep either of us from relating some very odd analogies among the actual information so you have been warned. Ad John is able to shock me with a bit of sleazy information that nearly shocks me into silence. Nearly.  

Any comments, praise, condemnation or opinions can be sent to thebloodypit@gmail.com - we welcome your input. What is you favorite John Carpenter film? 




No comments: