Thursday, August 14, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)


I just wanted to note that GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is the best damned film of the summer! I am a big sucker for the slew of Marvel movies that have been coming out since IRON MAN blasted onto screens and have enjoyed all of them to one degree or another. Some of these films have been so good it was like watching my childhood comic book collection come to life causing me to want to see them over and over again the same way I reread those 30, 35 and 40 cent classics of my youth. Director and co-write James Gunn and his crew have gone above the very high quality standard set by the previous Marvel franchise movies. They have crafted one of the most entertaining and exciting pieces of science fiction cinema in decades and the fact that it is incredibly funny as well as smart makes it one of the most satisfying movies experiences of the year. If you haven't seen this yet - do so immediately.



No comments: