Thursday, October 08, 2009

Horror Radio

I'm a big fan of Old Time Radio shows especially the ones that focus on horror tales. Big surprise I’m sure. I first listened to them as a young boy when, on Saturday nights, I could just barely pull in a Chicago station that broadcast the CBS Mystery Theater at 11PM. This was just as I was being made to go to bed on those evenings and I would tune my little clock radio in as best I could, pull the covers up tight to my chin and thrill to some intensely creepy tales guaranteed to give me nightmares. These days I have a pretty large collection of various series from the 1930s to the 1970s and over the next few weeks I’ll post up a few goodies for your listening pleasure. Hopefully they will give you a pleasant shiver on a chilly October night.

First up is an episode of The Halls of Fantasy entitled The Twisting Weeds of Death!

ENJOY.

No comments: