Monday, August 11, 2008

SAMSON AND THE SEVEN MIRACLES OF THE WORLD trailer

I have a lot of fondness for the European made muscle man movies (alliteration!) of the late 1950s and 1960s. I've been working my way through the Mill Creek 'Warriors' pack of 50 such films slowly (oh so slowly) and have enjoyed each and every dip into this sweaty pool. A few days ago I caught this one and loved it more than most. I picked it out of the pack mainly because its one of the very strange ones set in a non-Greek locale. Also, Gordon Scott was a hell of a good action film actor and one of the best movie Tarzan's of all time. And now I've read that Retromedia will be releasing a widescreen anamorphic DVD of the film! I can only hope it will be sourced from a clean, bright print. The cropped and faded print on the Mill Creek set is enough to get the idea across but director Riccardo Freda's movie appears to be one that would benefit greatly from a proper presentation. My fingers are crossed!

No comments: